The Monumental was inaugurated in 1951 and is one of the most emblematic buildings in the centre of Lisbon. Located in Praça Duque de Saldanha, this space has already led to several projects.
In 2016, the building was acquired by Merlin Properties Spain, the largest real estate company listed on the Spanish Stock Exchange, and since then it has been undergoing a thorough refurbishment, with an investment of 30 million euros, to reopen its doors as the new operational headquarters of the BPI bank.
The architectural remodelling project is authored by Broadway Malyan Lisboa and the work is in charge of the construction company Sacyr Somague SA.
Gama Uno is contributing to the project by supplying the external raised flooring solutions with 2cm Maple 120x30cm high-tec porcelain stoneware flooring by Porcelaingres from Iris Ceramica Group and a self-levelling adjustable and self-extinguishing fire V0 pedestal system, totalling an area of approximately 1200m2 on balconies and cladding.